Centre of excellence in laboratory sciences, epidemiology, disease surveillance, prevention and control
Provide scientific information to facilitate evidence-based policy decision and intervention to prevent, control, eliminate and eradicate diseases of public health concern.
- Conduct surveillance on diseases of public health importance.
- Conduct outbreak investigation and response.
- Provide reference laboratory services for public health important diseases.
- Monitor food and water for public health safety.
- Monitor the quality of medicinal products.
- Test narcotic and psychotropic substances.
- Provide information on poison and its management.
- Ensure quality assurance of laboratory services.
- Conduct basic and applied research.
- Develop the capacity of health professionals in laboratory science and epidemiology.